Museums and Historical Societies
Readings about the History of the Cattle Industry on the High Plains [available in the Resources Room at the CF Coffee Gallery]
- The Nebraska Sandhills: The Human Landscape by Charles Barron McIntosh
- Longhorns Bring Culture by August Herman Schatz
- Call of the Range by Nellie Snyder Yost
- The Cattle Towns by Robert R. Dykstra
- The Cattlemen by Mari Sandoz
- Reminiscences of a Ranchman by Edgar Bronson Beeson
- Bartlett Richards: Nebraska Sandhills Cattlemen by Bartlett Richards, Jr.
- Lawrence Bixby: Preserver of the Old Spade Ranch by Ruth VanAckeren and Robert M. Howard
- Born A Rebel: The Life and Times of Nebraska Cattleman Charles Franklin Coffee by Jamie W. Bell
- John Clay, Jr: Commission man, Banker and Rancher by Lawrence M. Woods
- A History of Banking in Nebraska, 1854 – 1990 by Ben Haller, Jr.